The Association of Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria(ASHON)
The objectives for which The Association is established are:
- To proffer sound professional and ethical standards for practitioners and advice on compliance with the set standards in conjunction with the regulatory bodies established by statute.
- To promote free interplay of market forces.
- To enable Members interact with one another on issues concerning the capital market in general and the Stockbroking Houses in particular.
- To promote and protect the interest of Members of The Association in the exercise of their duties as Stock broking Houses.
- To enable Members approach or collaborate with the Government, the SEC, the NSE, CIS and other regulatory bodies as a single body in order to facilitate the formulation of policies affecting the Capital Market and other related issues.
- To encourage professional development of Stock broking House operators.